Monday, October 25, 2010

wondering.

" This is how we know what love is:
Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. "

"We love because he first loved us."


so we give ourselves away, in emulation of Him.
so we seek to love those who do not love us back, to be lights of grace against darkness,
to go the extra mile, to turn the other cheek.
driven and empowered by His Spirit only, we endure and we keep loving. His love is more than enough to show us how.

May I ask you , how low are our expectations to be
of being loved and graced and cared for in return? By human beings?
It's easier on the heart to have low ones.
what is your will on this, oh Lord?

is it possible to have no expectations? Neither here nor there, neither high nor low? To just never think or feel about people's love
at all?

I don't know.

yet : ...How deep the Father's love for us ... will be my song and focus. Because it is eternally and infinitely true, unplombable, enough to drink and bathe and believe in and learn for
all my life. ( and evermore. )))))))

5 comments:

from mel said...

I miss you. I need to call you, email you, send you a little something I have sitting in our guest room. I am so sorry so much time has passed. You've been on my mind and heart a lot lately. I miss you, pal.

Love you foreva.

Jacqueline B C Smith said...

This is my friend...

tom said...

"Grant that I may never seek to be loved, but to love."
In another language, "What goes around, comes around."
It's hard not to expect love back from people, but we must just give, and give, and give, and once in awhile sneak a peek at what returns.
I found your blog accidentally and I appreciate it and check on you often.
Thank you.
Regina

Cindy said...

Hi Kate:

It's been too long! Halloween just passed and soon Thanksgiving and Christmas will be upon us. It made me think of you and times at Edison High School. I stumbled upon your blog and thought to say "hello". I hope all is well!

Best,

Cindy Tran

thekate said...

Cindy! How amazing! How great to hear from you! I'd love to hear more! Every year I think of our Halloween day Christmas celebration kickoff! :-) So glad you found me!!

Regina -- thanks for stopping in, and for saying hello. I am glad you come.

Jac & Mel -- love, love and love.

kate.